- What this Policy Covers
- The type of personal information we collect
- How we collect information and how we use it
- Other parties we may share personal information with
- How we keep your personal data secure
- Your rights over your personal data under PIPEDA
- What sort of personal information we collect
Through our website, www.huronmanufacturing.com, we only collect personal information to for the purposes of contacting you and to provide information about events, information to help manufacturers in Huron County, to be involved with initiatives within the association. This information will usually include:
- Your first and last name
- Your contact details such as your email address and telephone number(s)
- Your Business Name
We may process this information for the purposes of contacting you and to provide information about events, information to help manufacturers in Huron County, to be involved with initiatives within the association
- The PIPEDA Principles 2 – Identifying Purposes, and 4 – Limiting Collection applies to our purposes for collecting data.
- How we collect Data
- Inquiry Forms
We collect personal data through this website only when you complete any of our inquiry forms. When you complete an inquiry form on our website, you agree to the data in that form being used for the purposes identified above. Information collected via inquiry forms is not stored anywhere on our website. Our website has an SSL certificate.
- Mailing Lists Subscription Forms
We use sign-up forms for regular emails, newsletters, etc. These types of forms will request your clear and active consent to be emailed or posted marketing information. Only information submitted via these sign-up forms will be used for HMA-related marketing and promoting goods and/or services to you.
We collect data via cookies to help you have the best experience when you use our website. We do not use any information from cookies or IP addresses to identify any individual users of our website.
- How we will use your information
The personal information you give us will be used for:
- Contacting you via phone or email
- Confirming your contact details
- Providing you with the information you request
- Involving you with HMA initiatives ie. The Awards Gala, and Industry School Tours.
- Sending you newsletters and marketing information ONLY if your clear, explicit consent has been given.
- Sharing of personal information
We never share personal information collected via this website with any third parties for marketing purposes.
- Storage of your personal data
We only store data for as long as we need to provide you with your chosen services, maintain a working business relationship. We take stringent measures to secure your personal data and to prevent its loss, misuse or alteration.
- Your data rights under PIPEDA
Your rights to request access to your personal data under PIPEDA are covered by Principle 9 – Individual Access:
“Upon request, an individual must be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of their personal information and be given access to that information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.”
- Third party website links
Our website may include active links to external websites, to provide you with further information. Huron Manufacturing Association takes no responsibility for the privacy policies and practices of these external websites.
- Contact Us