Industry School Bus Tours
High School Bus Tours
2019 HMA Fall School Bus Tours were a great success!
Thank You to all involved in October 2019.
The HMA wishes to Thank everyone involved in the School Bus Tours including;
- Libro Credit Union
- Avon Maitland District School Board Teachers and Students
- Huron Perth Catholic District School Board Teachers and Students
- HMA Representatives for School Bus Tours
- The Centres for Employment & Learning
- Everspring Farms Ltd
- Epps Products
- McCann Redi-Mix
- Cos Phi PFC
- Envira North Systems Limited
- Sun North Systems Limited
- Sharp’s Creek Forge
- Britespan Building Systems Inc.
- Corteva Inc.
- DJ’s Handcrafted Solid Wood Furniture
- School Bus Companies – First Student Goderich, Montgomery Bus Lines, Murphy Bus Lines, staff and bus drivers
Watch for next year when we are carrying out two sets of school tours in order to provide coverage to the students during different semesters, this is so everyone has the best chance of being involved at the ground level of manufacturing.
What is asked of our association members when involved with the school tours:
The HMA is looking for companies willing to offer a tour of their facilities for a group of approximately 20 high school students. Tours are 1 hour- 1.5 hours in length. The HMA encourages manufacturers to offer tours as an effective means of encouraging young people to think about future careers in manufacturing.
For more details, or if you are interested in providing a School Bus Tour, contact the HMA through e-mail email@example.com
What is the purpose of the tours?
This is a chance for Manufacturers to showcase what they do to our future workforce. Sell yourself to the upcoming workforce in Huron County! If you offer summer employment opportunities, Co-op opportunities, Hire right out of high school, Do apprenticeships or have specific educational requirements, let the students know.
Our intent is to enable all students to experience what is available in Huron County. We have a wide range of manufactures in the area and it is important for our students to understand that they do not have to leave their hometown area to do the things they dream about!